Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2003/09/10 21:29:12 UTC

Building Merlin

I understand that you have split things up a bit.
Could you provide the build sequence to get Merlin built?

I can't get further than,

/home/niclas/dev/opensource/avalon-sandbox/meta/plugin/target not found.

so I go to ./meta/plugin and "maven" but then get

/home/niclas/dev/opensource/avalon-sandbox/meta/plugin/api/target not found.

and there is no meta/plugin/api/ directory at all...

I hope I am not annoying you too much about building from CVS.

Cheers,
Niclas

Re: Building Merlin

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
Steve,

I hit same problem as Niclas earlier.

Fresh checkout of Merlin now builds OK RedHat 7.2, jdk1.3.1,
Maven-1.0-rc1-SNAPSHOT.

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>

Re: Building Merlin

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Stephen McConnell wrote:

> I need to fix this - the build procedure is assuming that you have
> avalon-meta built locally.

The merlin build is now independent of the avalon-sandbox/meta build.

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: Building Merlin

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
I need to fix this - the build procedure is assuming that you have
avalon-meta built locally.  In the meantime checkout avalon-sandbox/meta
and invoke the following command:

$ maven avalon:plugin

This will result ithe creation of the plugin in the place where the
merlin build is looking.  I'll update the merlin build and get it
independent of the meta build.

Steve.