Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> on 2020/11/30 22:38:20 UTC

[LAZY CONSENSUS] Suitable Name Search Documentation

On this page:

https://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html

We are providing what is essentially the same information that is on the official Branding documentation.

https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/naming.html#namesearch

I suggest that we eliminate everything that is on the Incubator page that is a “duplicate" and point to the source of record.

Regards,
Dave

Re: [LAZY CONSENSUS] Suitable Name Search Documentation

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -

I insert some proper links to clarify. A large part of the page is rather rambling. Maybe later it can be cut back.

For now see if you think it now leads to better action.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 11:38 PM Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I suggest that we eliminate everything that is on the Incubator page
> that is a “duplicate" and point to the source of record...

+1 and we should do that every time we see such duplicates.

-Bertrand