Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ap...@sven-joerns.de on 2022/08/27 14:29:10 UTC

How does the master data management work?

Hello dear community.
As a newcomer to ofbiz, I am currently trying my hand at master data.
Unfortunately, these are not accessible everywhere or.
E.g. the identification type ID. Where can I add a new type?

I am trying to configure ofbiz for Tanzania.
It will probably not be easy ...

Thanks a lot
Sven

Re: How does the master data management work?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Yes, you (ofbiz@sven-joerns.de) are now in the list

> Master data was the translation from deepl.com for the German word Stammdaten. A data set that should be pre-installed to work with the normal
> functions of the programme.

This is done with demo data, only seed and alike data are mandatory to build your own OFBiz instance.
In other word you can use demo data to get familiar with OFBiz. But you should not use them to build your own OFBiz instance, especially those related
with security (eg credential, like admin/ofbiz)!
If you did not already, you should read the INSTALL file in OFBIz home dir for more about that
The README.adoc is the second to come, easier at https://nightlies.apache.org/ofbiz/trunk/readme/html5/

> My example was related to the property of a supplier where you can enter an identification number. With the demo data, 5 types of this number are
> available there. For Tanzania, of course, one is missing here.
> Where can I specify a new type?
> Hence the question whether there is a master data input mask.

You are lucky, or rather have an unintentional good timing :D
After 5 months w/o issues the demos were down (certificate issue) Saturday morning but are back again since yesterday afternoon.
So we can use them to explain things with examples. Here you go:
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/entity/find/PartyIdentification
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/entity/find/PartyIdentificationType
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/partymgr/control/viewprofile?partyId=DemoSupplier

> For my installation I use Docker with Postgresql.

Sorry I don't and will never use Docker, matter of taste :)

> That's why I wanted to look into the database with a pgadmin.
> Unfortunately I have the next problem here with Traefik, that https://ofbiz.mydomain.biz/pgadmin doesn't work either. That's not a problem for here,
> but means I can't do a database workaround either.

You don't need to use pgadmin when using Postgresql, simply use the Entity Data Maintenance
<https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/entitymaint> feature

HTH

Jacques (I send a last time to your address since you are in the user list. Please use only that, I don't need a copy to my own address ;)

Posted by of...@sven-joerns.de.

--
Sven Jörns
Scanbox #09433

Re: How does the master data management work?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Sven ,