Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Peter Ondrus <pe...@humantec.sk> on 2002/05/14 15:56:06 UTC

entity bean

Hello,
has anybody working example of RPC of entity bean via SOAP?

It seems, that on server side (SOAP server and EJB server) it works
fine. I'm able to call findByPrimaryKey() as well as member functions
(e.g. getValue()). But If I call directly getValue(), EJB server always
creates new instance of my bean, and I'm not able (or I do not know how)
to access particular instance. If I call findByPrimaryKey(0)  server
side works fine, but SOAP client throws exception:

SOAP Response Packet: result element expected, received
"<ns1:findByPrimaryKeyResponse
xmlns:ns1="urn:ejbsoaptest@rO0ABXNyADZvcm.... very long string
</ns1:findByPrimaryKeyResponse>"

So, what is correct way to work with Entity Beans?
Thanks

Peter