Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.uzh.ch> on 2007/05/04 14:48:33 UTC

Hackathon in Zürich July 2007

Hi

I will be away the next five weeks :-) (conference and holidays). Before
 I leave I wrote down some basic information concerning the Hackathon on
a wiki page:

http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/MeetingZurich2007

I basically list the participants and some some random topics gathered
from the thread [RT] Roadmap for Lenya 1.6 and beyond:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.lenya.devel/19840

Please feel free to add additional topics or to clarify existing ones.

I will come up with some more informations after my holidays.
So have a nice time. See you after my holidays :-)

Jann

Re: Hackathon in Zürich July 2007

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 23:29 +0200, Jann Forrer wrote:
> Agreed. Therefore we should announce the event on the user mailing list.

done

Re: Hackathon in Zürich July 2007

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.
Just a short note from Canada :-)

>> I will be away the next five weeks :-) (conference and holidays). Before
>>  I leave I wrote down some basic information concerning the Hackathon on
>> a wiki page:
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/MeetingZurich2007
>
> [...]
>
>> Please feel free to add additional topics or to clarify existing ones.
>

> How about using the event to get in touch with existing and potential
> users? We could do some promotion, some talks would certainly be great
> (I'd volunteer for one or two), and maybe some users could talk about
> their case studies.

Agreed. Therefore we should announce the event on the user mailing list. I
could do it if I am back from holiday or somebody else might announce it
meanwhile.
Additionally ,I could ask one (maybe more) users of the university of
zuerich to talk about their experience with lenya. I can
aditionally announce it on the CMS mailing list of the University.

> In short, I could imagine that it would make sense to present the event
> in a more furbished/organized way to catch the interest of more people.
> I think we've created something to be proud of, so let's make a little
> fuss about it.

Do you have some other ideas how we could promote the event.
Anyway I will announce the event on mailing list if I am back in June
(despite somebody has already done it) and I probably will setup a small
website for the event.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jann Forrer schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I will be away the next five weeks :-) (conference and holidays). Before
>  I leave I wrote down some basic information concerning the Hackathon on
> a wiki page:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/MeetingZurich2007

[...]

> Please feel free to add additional topics or to clarify existing ones.

How about using the event to get in touch with existing and potential
users? We could do some promotion, some talks would certainly be great
(I'd volunteer for one or two), and maybe some users could talk about
their case studies.

There was a Lenya user meeting in Madrid once, which was IMO quite a
success - at least for me, since I met interesting people and learned
about some user issues I hadn't been faced with before.

Lenya's user community could certainly do with a bit of resurrection.
In short, I could imagine that it would make sense to present the event
in a more furbished/organized way to catch the interest of more people.
I think we've created something to be proud of, so let's make a little
fuss about it.

WDYT?

-- Andreas