Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/15 16:29:44 UTC

Our APIs

Moved on to the API page: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ESME/API

We now have four APIs:
api - original REST-like API
api2 - streaming API
restapi - rest API
twitterapi - twitter API

or actually 5, we also have the jmx, but that's for a very specific use case..

I think we should simplify our APIs or at least it would be great if we could, because this scenario is very confusing for new users to Apache ESME. It is confusing even to me actually...

What are the current status on the different APIs?
Do we have any current clients which uses the original API?

/Anne

Re: Our APIs

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
I will move it somewhere else, I think it is good to keep as documentation, and update the main API page.
Thanks a million!

/Anne

Re: Our APIs

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.

Re: Our APIs

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Our APIs

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Ethan!
I will start cleaning up the 3 (!) pages we have on the Streaming/api2 API in the meantime.

/Anne

Re: Our APIs

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anne,

Re: Our APIs

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
Ethan,

Re: Our APIs

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.

Re: Our APIs

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
<yo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Moved on to the API page: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ESME/API
>
> We now have four APIs:
> api - original REST-like API
> api2 - streaming API
> restapi - rest API
> twitterapi - twitter API
>
> or actually 5, we also have the jmx, but that's for a very specific use case..
>
> I think we should simplify our APIs or at least it would be great if we could, because this scenario is very confusing for new users to Apache ESME. It is confusing even to me actually...
>
> What are the current status on the different APIs?

We probably have to make a decision if we are going to support the
original REST API.

> Do we have any current clients which uses the original API?

Most of the clients use the original API.