Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/11 22:45:24 UTC

svn depot reference [was: Fwd: Trivial Update of "For Beehive Developers" by CarlinRogers]

Carlin--

  Hey -- good to have new content on the wiki.  One one of the URLs
below, the ASF infrastructure team has asked projects to avoid
references to the "dynamic" view of the SVN repository because of the
load that generates on the servers.  Static references of the form:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/...

are fine, but the ones that go through the CGI script are lots more expensive.

  So, it'd be great if we could remove that link.  :)

Eddie

Posted by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com>.
Ooooh, excellent catch. Thanks Eddie. I'll nuke that now.

Any other have thoughts about the addition of the SVN information or links
on the wiki page as help devs? We may not really need some of the explicit
command information so I can remove some of that. Input?

Kind regards,
Carlin