Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/09 17:50:43 UTC

[C2] Default Database - based on HSQL Database Engine

Hi Team,

We need a default database to showcase the esql/sql logicsheets. Updated the database.properties
and added files under WEB-INF\db to use HSQL Database Engine from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hsqldb/

To be able to use this, All you have to do is download HSQLDB.JAR Version 1.6 from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=23316 and place it in XML-COCOON\LIB
directory before generating the WAR file.

Also, Can we ship HSQLDB.JAR? (Then we can get rid of the additional step above).

Thanks,
dims

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI

[C2] InstantDB - License

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Team,

Can someone look at the InstantDB's license to see if we can include InstantDB JAR's in C2?

Thanks,
dims

=====

Re: Re[4]: [C2] Default Database - based on HSQL Database Engine

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Krzysztof Zielinski wrote:

> Hello Davanum,
>
> Wednesday, April 11, 2001, 7:34:06 PM, you wrote:
>
> DS> Can you figure out a way to run HSQL in the stand-alone mode. So that we don't have to run any
> DS> batch files?
>
> DS> I had set it up that way by specifying the full path of files in the jdbc connect statement.
> DS> "jdbc:hsqldb:${install.war}/cocoon/WEB-INF/db/cocoondb". Does this fail for you?
>
> I couldn't run HSQL specyfing only jdbc connection.
> I belive that this is possible eg: run HSQL as servlet.
>
> Actually I run HSQL starting script manualy.

You have to build C2 with the following command to make the
${install.war} being replaced by an actual value:

sh build.sh \
  -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes \
  -Dinstall.war=/absolute/path/to/catalina/build/webapps \
  -Dremove.webapp=yes clean install

Giacomo

[C2] InstantDB - License

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Team,

=====

Posted by Krzysztof Zielinski <kz...@supermedia.pl>.
Hello Davanum,

Re: Re[2]: [C2] Default Database - based on HSQL Database Engine

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Krzysztof,

=====

Re: [C2] Default Database - based on HSQL Database Engine

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Donald Ball wrote:

> ricardo tried to sell us on an alternate way
> of doing xsp logicsheets, whereby certain elements are mapped to methods
> using reflection. i played around with that idea for a while and didn't
> have too much success but it's out there on the table. makes certain
> things easier, but other things harder.

For what it's worth, we now have that working in AxKit (since a couple of
months back), and it works like a charm. We have some extra mappings to
allow it to be a bit more flexible (probably gets around the "other things
harder" problem), but mostly it just works. Taglibs can now just be
ordinary Perl modules.

--
<Matt/>

     \\//
     //\\
    //  \\

Re: [C2] Default Database - based on HSQL Database Engine

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Done....Also what else did you guys talk about? :) [I mean anything
> that you can share...]

oh, gobs of stuff. mostly, we made many promises of a cocoon2 beta within
the month so i hope we weren't lying. ;) let's see... we gabbed about
content aggregation and caching for a while; i played around for a bit and
decided giacomo's wrong, we need a results cache, squid can't vary its
cache as flexibly as we need. ricardo tried to sell us on an alternate way
of doing xsp logicsheets, whereby certain elements are mapped to methods
using reflection. i played around with that idea for a while and didn't
have too much success but it's out there on the table. makes certain
things easier, but other things harder. um. talked about the steps we need
to go through to get c2 deployed on an apache.org server so we can link to
a live demo and then start working on possibly moving xml.apache.org to
c2. talked about ovidiu prescu's patch to add a browser capabilities
database to c1 and how we might do that in c2. dunno, some other stuff -
i'll post more if i recall anything interesting.

- donald

Re: [C2] Default Database - based on HSQL Database Engine

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.

=====

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.