Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ryan Ackley <ry...@softartisans.com> on 2005/06/15 01:19:39 UTC

Possible to indent/outdent a table?

I'm using FOP 0.20.5. Whenever I try to set the indent of a table the stuff
inside the table moves but not the table borders. Is this a bug? How do I
just indent a table and contents?

-Ryan

Re: Possible to indent/outdent a table?

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 14, 2005, at 4:19 PM, Ryan Ackley wrote:
> I'm using FOP 0.20.5. Whenever I try to set the indent of a table the
> stuff
> inside the table moves but not the table borders. Is this a bug? How
> do I
> just indent a table and contents?
>
> -Ryan

I suspect the problemm is that you're trying to use 'indent', or
'start-indent' style attributes. I doubt those will work. Instead, try
experimenting with specifying 'padding' on outer tables, or 'margin',
'margin-left' for inner tables. You might have luck specifying
'padding' for the outer tables, but then you might have  to 'padding'
for inner tables, as well or they may inherit from the parent elements.

Regards,

Web Maestro Clay
--
<th...@gmail.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>
- HH The 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet

RE: Possible to indent/outdent a table?

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>.

Hi,

> I'm using FOP 0.20.5. Whenever I try to set the indent of a table
> the stuff inside the table moves but not the table borders.
> Is this a bug?

Most likely...

> How do I just indent a table and contents?

The easiest workaround would be to wrap the table in another table (= blind
table). The outer table should have two columns, the first of which would
have the width of the desired indent.

HTH!

Greetz,

Andreas