Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Sean Kelly <ke...@ad1440.net> on 2001/01/27 01:50:45 UTC

PlainJUnitResultFormatter and XMLJunitResultFormatter

The Ant software out of CVS doesn't build with JUnit
3.5.  Apparently the junit.framework.TestListener
interface has a different signature for the addFailure
method than what PlainJUnitResultFormatter or
XMLJUnitResultFormatter expect.

Either that, or the docs/junit.html is incorrect when it
says it requires JUnit 3.0 or above; it should be JUnit
3.0 to 3.4.

Take care.
--k

Re: PlainJUnitResultFormatter and XMLJunitResultFormatter

Posted by Nico Seessle <Ni...@epost.de>.
> The Ant software out of CVS doesn't build with JUnit
> 3.5.  Apparently the junit.framework.TestListener
> interface has a different signature for the addFailure
> method than what PlainJUnitResultFormatter or
> XMLJUnitResultFormatter expect.

Yes.

> Either that, or the docs/junit.html is incorrect when it
> says it requires JUnit 3.0 or above; it should be JUnit
> 3.0 to 3.4.

They (the JUnit-Team) didn't tell us that they would change interfaces :-(

That was one thing I forgot on the weekend - I try to have a look at it
today if Stefan has not done so already. So don't expect the documentation
to be "corrected", we will try to get it working again.

Nico

Re: PlainJUnitResultFormatter and XMLJunitResultFormatter

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Sean Kelly <ke...@ad1440.net> wrote:

> Either that, or the docs/junit.html is incorrect when it
> says it requires JUnit 3.0 or above; it should be JUnit
> 3.0 to 3.4.

The current CVS version now supports JUnit 3.0 and above as advertised
and the online docs say 3.0 to 3.4, OK?

When Ant 1.2 has been released, the current version of JUnit was 3.2 -
so "JUnit 3.0 and above" was correct. You don't expect us to predict
the future, do you 8-)?

Stefan