Posted to users@maven.apache.org by tony_k <to...@sbcglobal.net> on 2009/07/03 05:33:12 UTC

assist request with missing m2eclipse dependency

i'll preface this with the fact that i'm new to maven and m2eclipse, so
forgive me if i'm being dense,
but i'm just trying to build a java project in eclipse/galileo using the
m2eclipse plugin,
and i'm specifying the dependency:
Code:

    <dependency>
    	<groupId>org.springframework.security</groupId>
    	<artifactId>spring-security-core</artifactId>
    	<version>2.0.4</version>
    	<type>bundle</type>
    	<scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>

and i'm getting:

Quote:
Missing artifact
org.springframework.security:spring-security-core:bundle:2.0.4:compile

- the spring-security-core-2.0.4 pom and jar artifacts are in the
appropriate dir in my local .m2 tree
(org/springframework/security/spring-security-core/2.0.4)

- could this be an m2eclipse/maven issue, something having to do with
"bundle" packaging, both or neither?

- could it be a misleading error message where it's really an issue with one
of the myriad transitive dependencies but it's not telling me which one is
the issue?

any guidance appreciated...

thx,
tony.

Re: assist request with missing m2eclipse dependency

Posted by Brett Randall <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tony,

I'm not sure what the bundle type is that you are referencing, but I
think if you remove that and pick up the default jar it will work.

Best
Brett