Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sagar Chaturvedi <sa...@nectechnologies.in> on 2013/05/22 12:44:55 UTC

synonym indexing in solr

Hi,

Since synonym searching has some limitations in solr, so I wanted to know the procedure of Synonym indexing in solr?
Please let me know if any guide is available for that.

Regards,
Sagar

DISCLAIMER:
intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NEC or its
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of NEC or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. .

Re: synonym indexing in solr

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Look at the "text_general" type (solr 4.x) in the example schema.xml.
That has an example of including synonyms at index time (although it
it commented out, but you can get the idea). So to substitute synonyms
at index time, just uncomment the index time analyzer mention of
synonyms and comment out the one in the query time analysis chain.

Be cautious about doing synonym expansion at both index and query
time. It's perfectly legal but often not what you want if you use the
same synonym list.

Best
Erick

RE: synonym indexing in solr