Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Aslam Bari <ia...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/10/30 07:16:10 UTC

Restrict DevExplorer to Browse Slide

Hello All,

I have made a program which shows and manipulate slide contents. I don't
want any third party tool like DevExplorer to show or manipulate slide
contents. Can i make such type of restrictions. Can i confugure slide to
only work with my propgram and not to give other software permissions to
explore or manipulate slide contents..

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks...

RE: Restrict DevExplorer to Browse Slide

Posted by Miguel Figueiredo <mf...@maisis.pt>.
Hello Iamas,

 We implemented just that in our software with the user.agent http property.
We changed the client user.agent to an expectable value at server side, and
then we filter out all write requests (we wanted to forbid only the write
operations) to the slide servlet not respecting the expected user.agent
value.
 It's not full-proof since anyone knowing our expectable user-agent value,
could work around the http filter. We are still safe because he would only
be able to do write operations if you permitted to do it in the Slide ACLs.
Points given, I believe it's a quite effective, and low-budget, solution.

 In your case, this http filter would need to filter out every kind of http
request arriving at slide's servlet.

Best regards,
Miguel Figueiredo