Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/08/29 15:24:21 UTC

windows core tests

I've been through all the slider-core tests and except for a special case,
they all now work on windows:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLIDER-375

All the issues were test-side, not production-code-side.

1. the process service test TestWorkflowForkedProcessService was using
commands not available in windows (e.g. env) for which equivalents were
needed (cmd /c "set"), and the output tests needed to lower-case things to
handle case insensitive listings.

2. a lot of the tests that created file urls for argumements had sequences
like

ARG_OPTION, APP_DEF, "file://" +app_def_path,

that didn't generate valid URLs on windows, as the app_def_path began with
a drive, not a / , and file://c:/something isn't valid.

fix :  app_def_path.toURI().toString(), wrapped up in a method toURIArg
ARG_OPTION, APP_DEF, toURIArg(app_def_path),

Important: anyone setting up new tests to need to generate URLs to local
paths the same way.

3. HDFS mini cluster tests are failing on my machine as the hadoop 2.4.1
native lib "hadoop.dll" is on my PATH, and lacks methods that hadoop2.6
needs.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLIDER-377

This is not something we can fix without changing how HDFS loads native
libs (add a switch to force off + add version checking on library load).
I'm going to workaround it by deleting HDP off my windows VM

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE