Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Baptuste <ba...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/11 13:25:50 UTC

Load Interpreter configurations

Hello, I use Ansible playbooks to deploy Apache Zeppelin 0.10.0 on
RedHat 8, running with java 1.8_301. To provide a Zeppelin solution for
my team with all Interpreter configurations already set. Ansible change
default value inside
$ZEPPELIN_HOME/interpreter/{{INTERPRETER_NAME}}/interpreter-setting.jon
(it's work well). On some case, for example for Cassandra interpreter we
have multiple environments and I need to create group and multiple
entries to switch environments. In this case I have implemented
something complicated and I think not very well. 1) Ansible start my
Zeppelin instance 2) Ansible perform a curl call to generate
interpreter.json inside $ZEPPELIN_HOME/conf (this file seems to be lazy)
3) Ansible generate cassandra json with my configuration for
environments with Jinja template 4) Ansible merge theses Jsons with
$ZEPPELIN_HOME/conf/interpreter.json It's work but I suppose that it
exists a better process to load Interpreter configurations. Thx for your
help Baptiste

Re: Load Interpreter configurations

Posted by Baptuste <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thx, It's works perfectly !

It will be good if it was possible to have a Rest service allowing:

- to duplicate an existing configuration (POST)

- to change field(s) from an existing configuration (PATCH)

(cf InterpreterRestApi.java).

If you think it's a good idea, I can open a Jira and write a PR.

Regards

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards