Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Cyrus Vafadari <cy...@confluent.io> on 2019/05/30 06:06:12 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-475: New Metric to Measure Number of Tasks on a Connector

Hello Dev,

I'd like to start the discussion of KIP-475: New Metric to Measure Number
of Tasks on a Connector.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-475%3A+New+Metric+to+Measure+Number+of+Tasks+on+a+Connector

The proposal is pretty straightforward -- to add a new metric to Connect to
measure the number of tasks on a Connector. Currently, we support this on
Worker level, so this KIP just adds another metric to support this
per-connector.

There is also a PR:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/6843

Thanks,

Cyrus

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-475: New Metric to Measure Number of Tasks on a Connector

Posted by Cyrus Vafadari <cy...@confluent.io>.
Thanks, everyone, for the feedback.

It looks like there's support, so I'll open the voting thread.

Cyrus

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cyrus Vafadari <cy...@confluent.io>.
Randall,