Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/07 18:59:47 UTC

Datanode doesn't connect to Namenode

Hi everyone,

My slave machine (cloud15) the datanode shows this log. It doesn't connect
to the master (cloud6).

2013-08-07 13:44:03,110 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect
to server: cloud15/192.168.188.15:54310. Already tried 9 time(s); retry
policy is RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1
SECONDS)
2013-08-07 13:44:03,110 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC: Server at cloud15/
192.168.188.15:54310 not available yet, Zzzzz...

But when I type jps command on slave machine DataNode is running. This is
my file core-site.xml in slave machine (cloud15):
<configuration>
<property>
  <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
  <value>/app/hadoop/tmp</value>
  <description>A base for other temporary directories.</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>fs.default.name</name>
  <value>hdfs://cloud15:54310</value>
  <description>The name of the default file system.  A URI whose
  scheme and authority determine the FileSystem implementation.  The
  uri's scheme determines the config property (fs.SCHEME.impl) naming
  the FileSystem implementation class.  The uri's authority is used to
  determine the host, port, etc. for a filesystem.</description>
</property>
</configuration>

In the master machine I just swap cloud15 to cloud6.
In the file /etc/host I have (192.168.188.15  cloud15) and (192.168.188.6
cloud6) lines, and both machines access through ssh with out password.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance!
Felipe

--
*--
-- Felipe Oliveira Gutierrez

Re: Datanode doesn't connect to Namenode

Posted by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the hints Shekhar.
My cluster is running well.

Felipe

Posted by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

Posted by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

Posted by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

Posted by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jitendra Yadav <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jitendra Yadav <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jitendra Yadav <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jitendra Yadav <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jitendra Yadav <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jitendra Yadav <je...@gmail.com>.
I'm not able to see tasktraker process on your datanode.

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 11:14 PM, Felipe Gutierrez <

Posted by Jitendra Yadav <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jitendra Yadav <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jitendra Yadav <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com>.