Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org> on 2015/06/01 17:15:35 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Freemarker Incubation proposal

On 5/21/15 10:29 AM, John D. Ament wrote:
>> Currently I see three mentors and two committers at
>> > https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/FreemarkerProposal, I'm not involved
>> > in that podling but it looks to me that additional committers might be
>> > more useful than more mentors.
>> >
>>From looking at their graphs, on github, they have 5 total contributors.
>
> https://github.com/freemarker/freemarker/graphs/contributors
>
> I'm wondering - would the others who aren't on the proposal be interested
> in joining the proposal?

Hi Folks,

My name is Woonsan Ko. I recently contributed a small feature (JSTL
function support in freemarker) to the project, so my name was there.
I'm really happy with this move to Apache incubation, and I'd like to
help this as a committer if possible.

I'm working at Hippo (http://www.onehippo.com), an open source Web CMS
company, and we Hippo have been integrating with Freemarker as our
default delivery tier templating engine. [1]
So our customers have been using Freemarker as the default templating
option on top of our product for long time as well. You can take a look
at our forum [2] to see how heavily they're using it with our product.
So we Hippo have supported the users with this great template engine!

I personally have experiences with integrating Spring MVC Framework for
our delivery-tier product (and portlet bridges long time ago). I can
also help with CodeMirror template support for Freemarker.
I'd like to contribute these areas as well as documentation, testing, etc.

Kind regards,

Woonsan

[1]
http://www.onehippo.org/library/concepts/web-application/hst-freemarker-support.html
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/hippo-community/freemarker

Re: [DISCUSS] Freemarker Incubation proposal

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>.
That's great, and of course you are in as far as I'm concerned! (In
Freemarker, I mean... as we aren't in the Incubator yet.)

I plan to assemble a list of TODO-s, and especially, trying to
identify pieces that contributors could pick up easily. Also, more
eyes who just try to spot problems in the commits is highly welcome.
(Regarding what concretely you (or other Hippo developers) wish to
contribute, let's continue on freemarker-devel, as these are OT
there.)

 Daniel Dekany