Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by pdt_p <pi...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/07 07:13:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Question about Apache Web Server

Hi..

I have 2 application servers (Jboss) running on 2 difference subnet.  for
each JBoss, I have deployed a web application.
What I am trying to achieve is when a web browser request a page from either
Jboss1 or Jboss2, I don't want it directly call to the jboss. I would like
to setup a web server(in this case apache) as a proxy which will handle any
request from web browser to any jboss.
so the flow will be something like this:

            ________
           | JBOSS1 |
           |________|
                 /\

                 | Request / Response
subnet1      |
----------- |---------------------
                \/
         __________
        |  Apache    |   Request/Response
        | WebServer |<--------------------> Web Browser
        |__________|
                /\

-----------  |-------------------
 subnet2      | Request / Response

                  \/
                 _______
                | JBOSS2|
                |_______|

any idea how do i do this?
what sort of module that i need to have?

Thank you very much.

pdt

Re: [users@httpd] Question about Apache Web Server

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
On Dec 6, 2007, at 10:13 PM, pdt_p wrote:

> any idea how do i do this?
> what sort of module that i need to have?

Use Apache 2.2 and mod_proxy, especially mod_proxy_balancer and
mod_proxy_html or mod_proxy_ajp (depending on which protocol you want
to use between httpd and JBoss).

See the docs and Google for configuration tips.

S.

--
Sander Temme
sctemme@apache.org