Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Robert Lynch <rl...@cbnco.com> on 2016/07/05 15:21:42 UTC

RE: Beginners question GETJMSTopic

Hi,

I have an issue when I set up a Process GetJMSTopic.

My URI is "tcp://192.168.99.100:61616 " I get an error then I run my processor "Attempting to initiate JMS with invalid composite URI"
I am not using SSL.

Can someone tell me what the issue is as far as I can tell my URI is perfectly valid?

Thanks
Robert

Re: Beginners question GETJMSTopic

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.
Robert

Your URL is indeed valid, however there seems to be a bug in our code that treats it as composite URL attempting to parse multiple URLs from it. Technically this is ActiveMQ bug in the parsing logic since they essentially use “:” as a delimiter to determine segments in composite URL (e,g, failover:(tcp://. . . .).
So what happens here is that it sees the second “:” in your url (the one right before port) and complains that the character at index 0 is invalid to describe scheme.

But in any even we should not be parsing this url at all. So indeed a bug in NiFi as well, so feel free to file it. In the mean time, since you’re using default ActiveMQ port, you can just skip it from the URL, although I know that is not a solution.

All that said, I must also say that Get/PutJMS* are effectively deprecated in favor of new JMS support that was added in NIFI 0.6 where we have Publish/ConsumeJMS which essentially works with multiple brokers (ActiveMQ, IBM, Tibco etc), so I would suggest giving it a try and let me know if you need any help with setting it up. Should be pretty straight forward yet if we can improve documentation your feedback would help.

Cheers
Oleg