Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Jason Huynh <jh...@pivotal.io> on 2019/10/31 21:04:28 UTC

[vote/discuss]Override stressNewTest for Pull Request #4250?

Greetings,

We have a pull request (https://github.com/apache/geode/pull/4250) that is
running into a problem with stressNewTest.  Mostly the tests that are being
run are RollingUpgrade tests that take quite a bit of time to run the full
suite.  Because these tests are added/modified, the stressNewTest doesn't
have enough time to complete the run because it runs them N(50) number of
times.

However what has completed is 7400 tests and none of them have failed:
http://files.apachegeode-ci.info/builds/apache-develop-pr/geode-pr-4250/test-results/repeatTest/1572546653/

We would like to get this fix in before branching the next release, but are
unable to due to stressNewTest gating the merge button.  I know we have
another thread about overrides etc, and maybe this is a data point, but
this isn't meant to discuss that.

Would everyone be able to agree to allow someone to manually override and
merge this commit in (title of PR and reviews pending)?

Re: [vote/discuss]Override stressNewTest for Pull Request #4250?

Posted by Nabarun Nag <nn...@apache.org>.
Will breaking this PR into parts help. Put the tests in separate PRs?

+1 if it is inconvenient

Posted by Xiaojian Zhou <gz...@pivotal.io>.
It finished after 4 hour 51 minutes. It looks like we do need to increase
the timeout for stressNewTest.

Posted by Darrel Schneider <ds...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Posted by Jinmei Liao <ji...@pivotal.io>.