Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Naby <us...@abwesend.de> on 2006/05/04 11:02:50 UTC

Ajax and multiple browser windows

Hi.

Does anyone know how to manage multiple browser windows with amq-ajax?

It seems that this implementation of amq-scripts and servlets reserves only
one (session)-id for a browser. One result is that a message gets to one of
the windows by chance if the same topic is listened to in some windows.

I read on an internet page about an implementation with ids for every
window. Could that be a solution for this problem?

Thx

Re: Ajax and multiple browser windows

Posted by Naby <us...@abwesend.de>.
Please ... i must determine if we can use ajax-activemq for our scenario next
week or not.

It would be great if someone can implement a solution or tell me how i can
do it myself.

Posted by Naby <us...@abwesend.de>.
Does anyone have a solution for my problem?

Re: Ajax and multiple browser windows

Posted by Naby <us...@abwesend.de>.
> Just to be clear; do you want a kind of publish-subscribe across browser
> windows? i.e. each window all receives the same message?

Let me explain.
We have a room based application with a room based chat. A room can contain
multiple pages. It must be possible for us to see 2 (or more) pages in 2 (or
more) browser windows. The chat component is on each page and must receive
the same messages if the pages belong to the same room.

> We could certainly simulate different clients in each window.
> Though its probably better if we do the fan-out on the broker side.
> e.g. have a single window (hideen IFRAME
> etc) doing all the communication with the server and then notifying each
> visible window with the messages.

We had this before with an applet which does the communication for the
windows and we doesn't want an extra window now.
It should run on each page/window if possible.

Re: Ajax and multiple browser windows

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Just to be clear; do you want a kind of publish-subscribe across browser
windows? i.e. each window all receives the same message? We could certainly

On 5/4/06, Naby <us...@abwesend.de> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Does anyone know how to manage multiple browser windows with amq-ajax?
>
> It seems that this implementation of amq-scripts and servlets reserves
> only
> one (session)-id for a browser. One result is that a message gets to one
> of
> the windows by chance if the same topic is listened to in some windows.
>
> I read on an internet page about an implementation with ids for every
> window. Could that be a solution for this problem?
>
> Thx

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/