Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Ron Gavlin <rg...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/13 07:16:59 UTC

How should XSDHelper.define() handle wsdls/schemas with schema imports

I have a WSDL which imports a schema, that itself imports two add'l
schemas. When I invoke XSDHelper.define() passing the WSDL as a
parameter, should the nested schema imports be resolved/defined or do
each of these "imported" schemas need to be "defined" explicitly? It
appears the WSDL2JavaGenerator currently expects XSDHelper.define() to
resolve/define the "imported" schemas which does not appear to work.

Best regards,

- Ron

Re: How should XSDHelper.define() handle wsdls/schemas with schema imports

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Ron,

You are right that you only need the second argument of define() if your
schemaLocation argument is a relative path, e.g.: location="a.xsd". If
your location is an absolute path that can be located and opened as with
an InputStream, then you don't need to specify the second argument.

Frank.

Posted by Ron Gavlin <rg...@yahoo.com>.
Frank,

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Ron,

Posted by Ron Gavlin <rg...@yahoo.com>.
Frank et al.,

Do you know if the scenario in which a WSDL with targetNamespace "a" imports a schema with targetNamespace "b" has been tested? The WSDL2JavaGenerator doesn't seem to handle this scenario. I'm not sure if it is a XSDHelper problem or a WSDL2JavaGenerator problem.

- Ron

XSDHelper.define() should also define all the imported schemas. If that's
not happing, maybe the imported schemas can't be found so it's failing to

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.