Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net> on 2013/08/31 08:46:09 UTC

[WEBSITE] Question on adding ACS appliances to FAQ & Downloads

What is your thought on adding link to CloudStack Virtual Appliances on CloudStack.org FAQ and Download page?

In my opinion, it will simplify with POC (as they usually all begin) and therefore adoption process.

Re: [WEBSITE] Question on adding ACS appliances to FAQ & Downloads

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
Thanks Dave.

- All mistakes in this message are not mine but Android's.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
Sebastian,

I did not want to release CloudStack Appliance as under CloudSand, the intent was for this to be Apache CloudStack official, but after consulting with Chip, he suggested I should keep this as CloudSand (I guess for some legal reasons).

The only mention of CloudSand is in 2 places.

1) Disclaimer has CloudSand representation, as I'm the one who packaged it and don't want to be liable for mis-use.
2) If you need help "with appliance" use, you visit cloudsand's website, but other than that - for help and docs you goto www.cloudstack.org

Its purely open source, as of now, cloudsand is not a company that generates a profit. We did some dev work for ISWest, but rate was heavily discounted and it only supported development efforts.  The way things are going, it will remain a site dedicated to promoting CloudStack and its usage within enterprise. If anything changes, I will let everyone know.

Regards
ilya

> What is your thought on adding link to CloudStack Virtual Appliances on CloudStack.org FAQ and Download page?
>
> In my opinion, it will simplify with POC (as they usually all begin) and therefore adoption process.

I am +1 on this,

It's purely open source and CloudSand is not a company ?

-Sebastien

Re: [WEBSITE] Question on adding ACS appliances to FAQ & Downloads

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.