Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Olivier.Roger" <ol...@bsb.com> on 2010/10/29 10:45:12 UTC

[Exception] Log the stack trace in Spring DSL ?

Hello Camel,

I'am using Camel 2.5 and have a problem to log the stack trace for handled
exception.

here is my code

<onException>
	<exception>org.apache.camel.NoTypeConversionAvailableException</exception>
	<handled>
		<constant>true</constant>
	</handled>
            <log loggingLevel="WARN" message="${exception}"
logName="com.bsb.docgen.DocumentGenerationNotificationRoute"/>
	<to ref="deadLetterQueue" />
</onException>

I would like, in addtition to the error message, have the full stack trace.
Is that possible ?
I could not find information about it on the website.

Thanks in advance !

Olivier

Re: [Exception] Log the stack trace in Spring DSL ?

Posted by "Olivier.Roger" <ol...@bsb.com>.
I'll do that until Camel 2.6 is released.

Thanks for the explanations ;)

Re: [Exception] Log the stack trace in Spring DSL ?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Olivier.Roger <ol...@bsb.com> wrote:

> No, It does not. The toString method prints
>
> <Exception.class> : <message>
>
> I was hoping a simple expression could be used here like
> ${exception.message}, ${exception.stackTrace} for instance.
> --

In Camel 2.6 you will be able to do that. stackTrace with a lower t.

You can use a custom expression / bean or whatever to log the
exception how you like it.
Or add a custom type converter which can convert an Exception ->
String where you then include the stacktrace.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: [Exception] Log the stack trace in Spring DSL ?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Olivier.Roger <ol...@bsb.com> wrote:

> Hello Camel,
>
> I'am using Camel 2.5 and have a problem to log the stack trace for handled
> exception.
>
> here is my code
>
> <onException>
>        <exception>org.apache.camel.NoTypeConversionAvailableException</exception>
>        <handled>
>                <constant>true</constant>
>        </handled>
>            <log loggingLevel="WARN" message="${exception}"
> logName="com.bsb.docgen.DocumentGenerationNotificationRoute"/>
>        <to ref="deadLetterQueue" />
> </onException>
>
> I would like, in addtition to the error message, have the full stack trace.
> Is that possible ?

It would do a toString on the exception, but I guess that doesnt print
the stacktrace?

I have created a ticket

> I could not find information about it on the website.
>
> Thanks in advance !
>
> Olivier

Claus Ibsen