Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2007/04/10 11:05:10 UTC

Question about WorkEffortInventoryAssign and WorkEffortInventoryProduced

I have a question about the entities WorkEffortInventoryAssign and
WorkEffortInventoryProduced: should we deprecate them because they store
redundant information with the InventoryItemDetail entity?

Jacopo

Re: Question about WorkEffortInventoryAssign and WorkEffortInventoryProduced

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Good question Jacopo... Yeah, InventoryItemDetail could have all of
the information so we wouldn't need the others.

It's a good question though as there might be other needs that we
wouldn't want to put into the IID entity.

Whatever the case, the WorkEffortInventoryAssign and
WorkEffortInventoryProduced entities were always a bit unnecessary,
ie one would have done the job instead of two.

Anyway, the comment above about possible future requirements is just
a thought and doesn't really matter, if we have a need in the future
that the InventoryItemDetail won't handle well we can always
introduce something then.

Another similar entity is ItemIssuance, but that has other
implications so it might not be best to use. Actually for the
inventory assign it makes good sense, but not so much for inventory
produced.

-David