Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2013/08/02 20:19:23 UTC

Any good GUI based tool to manage data in Casandra?

Hi All,

Is there a GUI tool for managing data in Cassandra database? I have google and seen tools but they seem to be schema management or explorer to just view data. IT would be great to delete/inset rows or update values for a column via GUI.

Thanks,
-Tony

Re: Any good GUI based tool to manage data in Casandra?

Posted by Alex Popescu <al...@datastax.com>.
DevCenter is using the new java driver [1] which works only with CQL3 and
the binary protocol so older C*/DSE version will not be supported. I know
that upgrading your cluster just to be able to use DevCenter doesn't make
sense, but hopefully features in the 1.2 and 2.0 will justify the upgrade
;-)

[1] https://github.com/datastax/java-driver

Posted by Alex Popescu <al...@datastax.com>.
It surely is coming! Being an early version we wanted to focus on nailing a
couple of things first before supporting multiple OS versions.

Posted by Keith Freeman <8f...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David McNelis <dm...@gmail.com>.
Completely understandable.  Thank you for all this work, Alex, et. al.

Posted by Alex Popescu <al...@datastax.com>.

Posted by David McNelis <dm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Gupta <rg...@dekaresearch.com>.
Hello,

Is there backward compatibility planned for DataStax DevCenter.
I am using DSE 3.0.1 and Cassandra 1.1.9.7

Currently no plan to upgrade to C* 1.2.

Thanks,
Rahul Gupta
DEKA Research & Development<http://www.dekaresearch.com/>
340 Commercial St  Manchester, NH  03101
This e-mail and the information, including any attachments, it contains are intended to be a confidential communication only to the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original message.

Posted by Alex Popescu <al...@datastax.com>.

Posted by Nick Bailey <ni...@datastax.com>.

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.