Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Richard Taylor <ri...@newscientist.com> on 2002/05/24 11:52:09 UTC

concurrent request connection problem

axis-beta2, win xp pro, orion 1.5.4

Hi,

I'm quite new to AXIS but have succesfully set up two web services for use
within our company.

They have been working well during development and I am now at the
performance testing stage.

With one thread running multiple requests the performance is acceptable,
however when I run two threads making concurrent requests I randomly get:

Exception: java.lang.Exception: Remote Exception performing search:

Each thread is only making 10 requests in succession (hardly a heavy load).

Is this a limitation of my app server and platform or is it AXIS related?

Has anyone else tested their web applications with multiple concurrent
requests?

Thanks for any advice,

Richard Taylor
New Scientist Developer

Re: concurrent request connection problem

Posted by Heitzso <he...@bellsouth.net>.
Easy answer --- Win Pro limits you to 10 simultaneous connections.
Shell out more money and buy a Server version of Win or migrate
to Linux.

I've easily rigged up load tests that tried to crank up 600 parallel
requests to a simple echo service (on Linux) that ran fine, though
due to cpu speed limitations the maximum actual concurrent
threads didn't peak over 50 on the client side (i.e. client didn't
have cpu/power to drive over 50 hot threads, without slowing down
to the point where new threads came in after earlier threads finished).
That type of test, on an AMD 750, handled approximately 40 requests
per second.

Heitzso