Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by "Bulvik, Noam" <No...@teoco.com> on 2015/10/08 18:40:39 UTC

array support issue

Hi all,

We are using CDH 5.4 and phoenix 4.4. When we try to use the client jar (from squirrel ) to query table with array column we get the following error  (even when doing simple thing like select <column> from <table with array>:

Error: org.apache.phoenix.schema.IllegalDataException: Unsupported sql type: VARCHAR ARRAY
SQLState:  null
ErrorCode: 0

The same SQL from SQL command line (sqlline.py) it works fine (BTW only from phoenix 4.3.1 with 4.4 there is CDH compatibility issue .

Any idea how it can be fixed?

Regards ,
Noam

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this message is privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and others who have been specifically authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, or if any problems occur with transmission, please contact sender. Thank you.

Re: array support issue

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Have you seen this thread: http://s.apache.org/GMU which would upgrade you
to 4.5.2?