Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Alejandro Calbazana <al...@calbazana.com> on 2007/09/25 15:50:07 UTC

Axis2 with EJBs under WL9.2

Hi,

I noticed that Axis2 class loading blows up when loading a web service
that uses EJBs.  I am not sure if anyone else has experienced this...

If I put together an EAR deployment that includes EJBs, no resources are
found by the service's classloader.  If I remove the EJB module from my
deployment, everything works out ok.  My setpup follows:

weblogic-application.xml uses package filtering:

<weblogic-application xmlns="http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90">
  <prefer-application-packages>
    <package-name>com.ctc.wstx.*</package-name>
    <package-name>javax.xml.*</package-name>
    <package-name>org.apache.*</package-name>
    <package-name>org.dom4j.*</package-name>
    <package-name>org.xml.sax.*</package-name>
  </prefer-application-packages>
</weblogic-application>

weblogic.xml looks like this:
<prefer-web-inf-classes>true</prefer-web-inf-classes>

I set this to false since setting it to true always turns up the
following exception:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
        at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis2.util.XMLUtils.initSAXFactory(XMLUtils.java:121)
        at org.apache.axis2.util.XMLUtils.<clinit>(XMLUtils.java:85)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DescriptionBuilder.buildOM(DescriptionBuilder.java:96)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.AxisConfigBuilder.populateConfig(AxisConfigBuilder.java:79)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

Services.xml has the serviceTCCL set to "composite":
    <parameter name="ServiceTCCL">composite</parameter>

Has anyone run across this?  Or is anyone able to successfully create a
deployment that uses Axis2 and EJBs?  I'd like to know the winning
combination :)

Thanks,

Alejandro