Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/04 00:11:03 UTC

T5 Hibernate long conversations (session-per-conversation)

Has anyone implemented session-per-conversation (my preferred way to
handle optimistic locking) in T5?  Right now, tapestry-hibernate
implements session-per-request.

I'm thinking an application state object is a good place to start here
with methods like startConversation() and endConversation() with
hibernate sessions managed by this service.

Any thoughts?

Bill

--
"The future is here.  It's just not evenly distributed yet."

     -- Traditional

Re: T5 Hibernate long conversations (session-per-conversation)

Posted by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com>.
Well, we will probably head into clustering some day.  What pattern,
then, can we use to do optimistic locking without hibernate "long
conversations"?  I don't think session-per-request can do it.

bill

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.