Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com> on 2010/09/07 08:57:57 UTC

Blueprint and annotations

Is it possible to publish and consume blueprint services using annotations?
I've been using iPojo in Karaf before which has been very convenient.

/Bengt

Re: Blueprint and annotations

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bengt

Apologies for my belated reply.  The blueprint annotation project has
been moved from sandbox to the trunk not so long ago, and it is still
in exploration state and supports the basic functions as described on
the wiki page pointed by Justin.    There has been quite some
discussion on the dev list on what functions/capabilities people want
to see with the blueprint annotation in Aries, and I don't think we
ever reached an agreement yet.    There isn't any spec by the OSGi
Alliance on blueprint annotation and I would hope the OSGi Alliance
could standardize this in the future.

It is in fact released as part of the Aries 0.2 release, but not
included in the blueprint uber bundle.   I am not aware of anybody
using it in production.

HTH

Lin

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.