Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Evrim Ozcelik <ev...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/15 16:01:46 UTC

Start Looping in Constant Delays

Hi,

In my test scenario, I have a loop and in that loop there are several
HTTP Samplers. But some of these samplers are in if Conditions. So in
each loop defferent number of samplers may be executed.
But my requirement is starting the loop in a constant throughput; for
example start the loop 2 times in a minute.

I thought to use "Constant Throughput Timer" but this timer only
controls the total throughput (in terms of samples per minute); but I
may have different number of samples in every loop.

So could you help me about this issue?

--
Evrim Özçelik

Testing SAP ISA and transactions overlapping threads

Posted by "REMIJAN, MICHAEL J [AG/1000]" <mi...@monsanto.com>.
I'm having the following problem using JMeter to test an SAP ISA
application.  Here is the behavior I'm seeing

I have a data file with 2 lines of data.  Each line represents a login
and insert/update of data.  When I run with more than 1 thread it seems
as though the threads are not keeping separate sessions/connection to
the SAP ISA webapp.  What I see is 1 line of data runs successfully
however all the other threads get an error from SAP ISA indicating that
"Transaction xxxxxxxx is being processed by user xxxxx"  Where user
"xxxxx" is the 1 line of data which runs successfully.  So in general,
no matter how many lines of data I have or threads I use I'll get 1
which is successful and all the rest fail with the above transaction
error message.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior and can advise?

Michael

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto, including its subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.

Re: Start Looping in Constant Delays

Posted by Evrim Ozcelik <ev...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply,
That worked..

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 5:53 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15/08/2008, Evrim Ozcelik <ev...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  In my test scenario, I have a loop and in that loop there are several
>>  HTTP Samplers. But some of these samplers are in if Conditions. So in
>>  each loop defferent number of samplers may be executed.
>>  But my requirement is starting the loop in a constant throughput; for
>>  example start the loop 2 times in a minute.
>
> That's not constant throughput overall.
>
>>  I thought to use "Constant Throughput Timer" but this timer only
>>  controls the total throughput (in terms of samples per minute); but I
>>  may have different number of samples in every loop.
>>
>>  So could you help me about this issue?
>>

> If you add the Constant Throughput Timer as a child of one of the
> unconditional samplers, this may give you what you want.
>
>>  --
>>  Evrim Özçelik

Evrim Özçelik

Re: Start Looping in Constant Delays