Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Karyn Joseph <ka...@teradyne.com> on 1999/05/08 01:14:56 UTC

os-solaris/4374: [notice] child pid 1525 exit signal Segmentation Fault (11)

>Number:         4374
>Category:       os-solaris
>Synopsis:       [notice] child pid 1525 exit signal Segmentation Fault (11)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
At least once a week (not including the once a week cron job I'm now running)
I have to reboot the server due to slow proxy response, and hung jobs.

I run the ../bin/apachectl stop

but sometimes after I run this there are still httpd processes running.
Initially they will be running off of the "killed" httpd process, but then
they will be showing as children of the system process "1".

When I try to do a kill -9 <pid> there is no response, and then I cannot start
httpd, because it shows that port 80 is already "occupied."  This results in
me having to do a reboot of the server which really is not a good fix or
work-a-round.

Any help on this matter would be GREATLY appreciated.  This is really starting
to be a real problem for me.

Another thing I noticed was that most of the http child processes show time stamps
of a pretty recent hour, but the ones that won't die tend to be very "old"
processes, sometimes hours but most of the time days.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I need to find a way to unconditionally kill these hung processes, and release
control over port 80.