Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Avinash Shahdadpuri <av...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/05 08:59:06 UTC

Error on Building flume

Hi,

I am trying to build flume and get following compilation errors.

The command I use is

mvn compile -Dthrift.executable=/opt/local/bin/thrift

The errors are -

/dev/flume/flume-core/target/generated-sources/thrift/com/cloudera/flume/reporter/server/thrift/ThriftFlumeReportServer.java:[42,54]
no interface expected here
/dev/flume/flume-core/target/generated-sources/thrift/com/cloudera/flume/reporter/server/thrift/ThriftFlumeReportServer.java:[188,74]
cannot find symbol
symbol  : class TBaseProcessor
location: package org.apache.thrift
/dev/flume/flume-core/target/generated-sources/thrift/com/cloudera/flume/reporter/server/thrift/ThriftFlumeReportServer.java:[194,63]
cannot find symbol

I am using a mac and have used thrift from macports.

Has anyone seen this before? Any pointers in resolving this would be very
helpful.

Thanks,

Avinash

Re: Error on Building flume

Posted by Matthew Rathbone <ma...@foursquare.com>.
 You need thrift version 0.5 for it to build properly. I had the same issue.

--
Matthew Rathbone
Foursquare | Software Engineer | Server Engineering Team

Re: Error on Building flume

Posted by Avinash Shahdadpuri <av...@gmail.com>.
I am on 0.7.0

Should I give 0.6.0 a try?