Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by SARMIENTO Claudia COGA <cs...@coga.com.pe> on 2005/01/10 19:49:20 UTC

Tomcat5 java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Hello all:
I have problems with memory in Tomcat, this happen when the servlet try to
forward the result jsp only if the result is too big (a set of rows in a
period date)
Th bean doesn't have problems, but the servlet yes, so i think i need to
change my configuration to set more memory at startup. (Actually is the
default)

I work in Tomcat 5.0.25 under W2000 with tomcat as a service, i read that i
have to re-install tomcat
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=104331482014538&w=2) the
notes is for tomcat 4, is the same for tomcat 5.0?

Thanks!
Claudia

PD:

This is the exactly error:

2005-01-10 11:26:42 StandardWrapperValve[invoker]: Servlet.service() para
servlet invoker lanzó excepción
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

RES: Tomcat5 java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Posted by Roberto Rios <ro...@innovaction.com.br>.
Hi Claudia,

It's NOT necessary to reinstall tomcat in order to change it's values.

Take a look at:
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=559924&tstart=360

Bob