Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Dutertry, Nicolas" <Ni...@HRACCESS.com> on 2006/10/18 16:07:05 UTC

RE : Rendering a single portlet with Jetspeed 2

Hi,

I've got the same problem, the preferences are ignored when I use the
portlet-pipeline.
Actually the value of the preference I want to use is defined in the psml
file (with the tag <preference>). Perhaps should you look at this special
case ?

The ajax "window" api now works when I minimize a portlet but it still has
no effect when I try to restore the portlet to "normal" state.

I got the jetspeed source from svn today.
Any idea ?

--
Nicolas Dutertry

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Olivier VIGNON wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I’ve progressed in my Ajax portal development thanks to your
> modifications. But I’ve still three questions that I can’t resolve:
>
>    * What’s the way to add or remove a page using Ajax ?

There is no API for this written, yet
We will be getting to that soon

>    * Edition submit using the “portlet pipeline” doesn’t seem to work.
>      I’m using a post form with the “actionUrl” request attribute as
>      action, but when I submit it I get a blank page

Take a look at pipelines.xml, there is a desktop-action-pipeline
Also review the Jetspeed Desktop, as it executes an action phase from
the clientside, and then executes the subsequent render phases for the
portlets on the page

>    * The pipeline portlet doesn’t seem to use the PSML user’s
>      preferences (it’s OK with the database ones)

I thought we fixed that a while back....

> Otherwise my customer is OK to share my code with the Open Source
> communities; so if you’re interested we’ll can see that when the project
> is finished.

Of course we are interested. Could you please review the Jetspeed
Desktop and compare your work with the svn head. In particular review
core.js, as it has quite a bit of nice functionality for client side
portlet rendering and aggregation

Re: RE : Rendering a single portlet with Jetspeed 2

Posted by Olivier VIGNON <o....@laposte.net>.
David Sean Taylor wrote:

> Dutertry, Nicolas wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got the same problem, the preferences are ignored when I use the
>> portlet-pipeline.
>> Actually the value of the preference I want to use is defined in the
>> psml
>> file (with the tag <preference>). Perhaps should you look at this
>> special
>> case ?
>>
>> The ajax "window" api now works when I minimize a portlet but it
>> still has
>> no effect when I try to restore the portlet to "normal" state.
>>
>> I got the jetspeed source from svn today.
>> Any idea ?
>>
> Have you logged on?
> Right now the API requires logging on for these operations (edit
> access to the page).
>
> I did this with the demo distribution (dp-7 is the pickanumber portlet):
>
> 1. login at http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/
>
> 2. from another tab in browser:
> http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/ajaxapi?action=window&id=dp-7&state=minimized

> 3. and then:
>
> http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/ajaxapi?action=window&id=dp-7&state=normal

> works for me

Hello,

I’ve progressed in my Ajax portal development thanks to your
modifications. But I’ve still three questions that I can’t resolve:

    * What’s the way to add or remove a page using Ajax ?
    * Edition submit using the “portlet pipeline” doesn’t seem to work.
      I’m using a post form with the “actionUrl” request attribute as
      action, but when I submit it I get a blank page
    * The pipeline portlet doesn’t seem to use the PSML user’s
      preferences (it’s OK with the database ones)

Otherwise my customer is OK to share my code with the Open Source
communities; so if you’re interested we’ll can see that when the project
is finished.

Regards.

Re: RE : Rendering a single portlet with Jetspeed 2

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.