Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Sri Ramya <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/11 11:08:59 UTC

Flume cassandra data model

hi

Can you please explain what is the present data model of flume in
cassandra. Can we change it by configuration file.

i am tring to devolop new sink for the flume cassandra data model.

please tell me...

Re: Flume cassandra data model

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
We have a Cassandra sink that writes to different column families based on the "event type" (a header attribute).   Each type has its own "handler". Right now the handlers are hard-coded, but I think your idea of using a configuration file would allow it to be generic.  We also write to multiple indexes, each of which could also be defined by configuration.

I believe a generic Cassandra sink that can be configured this way would be a good addition.

Ralph