Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by fi...@sina.com on 2015/07/17 05:03:53 UTC

upgrade cloudstack from 4.2.0 to 4.4.2

Hello,
My environment is cloudstack4.2.0+vmware5.0.I'm testing the upgrade process from cloudstack4.2.0 to cloudstack 4.4.2 in this local envirionment.My reference is the <<cloudstack-release-notes-4.4.2>>.I have successfully completed the upgrade process.The cloudstack is running normally after i have upgraded it from 4.2.0 to 4.4.2.But i have some questions:
1. I want to know procedures about upgrade-failure.What should i do if the process of upgrading is error.According to the release note,my processes are the following:1)Install new system-vm templates2)backup cloudstack database(MySQL)3)upgrade cloudstack management server4)update hypervisors specific dependencies5)restart system-vms and virtual-routersPlease give me some rollback processes.
2. In the release note,it says:"After upgrading to 4.2 and later,Settings mem.overprovisioning.factor and cpu.overprovisioning.factor are now at the cluster level and be set to 1 whick is the default.If Global Settings mem.overprovisioning.factor and cpu.overprovisioning.factor have been changed prior the upgrade to 4.2 and later,the upgrade process will be reset them to 1.Values can be changed by editing clusters settings.All clusters created after the upgrade will get created with the Global Settings values for mem.overprovisioning.factor and cpu.overprovisioning.factor."
In my envirionment,cpu.overprovisioning.factor and mem.overprovisioning.factor are set to 4.According to the release note,these two parameters will be set to 1 automatically after the upgrade-process.So,will it have some problem about the cluster's overprovision.My cluster's vms cannot all run if the parameter is set to 1.
If i shutdown all the vms before the upgrade process,maybe it can solve this problem.But i prefer to keep all the vms running in the whole process.What should i do about this problem?
3. Regardless of question 2,can all the vms keep the running state in the whole upgrade process?I don't want to shutdown vms in the whole procedure.
Thank you.

Re: upgrade cloudstack from 4.2.0 to 4.4.2

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
sorry sent to soon

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 11:38 AM, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ad 1. The roll back procedure is
 - restore the old db
- reinstall the old version of cloudstack
- recover the old etc dir (/etc/cloudstack)

that should do it

--
Daan

Re: upgrade cloudstack from 4.2.0 to 4.4.2

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
sorry sent to soon

--
Daan

Re: upgrade cloudstack from 4.2.0 to 4.4.2

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: upgrade cloudstack from 4.2.0 to 4.4.2

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan