Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by stewart titan <st...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/01/25 13:06:09 UTC

PostGres and sequences.

Hi

I've gone through the tutorial -> copied it exactly.

I'm using Postgres and having trouble with it
generating sequences for the primarykeys, in that it
doesn't seem to.

When its inserting the publisher record, it throws a
exception with the message:

ExecAppend: Fail to add null value in not null
attribute publisher_id

I presume its done automatically?

I've seen previously a load of messages on the mailing
list archives - but i can't find them now...

Thanks for any help

Stewart