Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Federico Santini <fe...@avanade.com> on 2017/05/25 12:05:06 UTC

Apache Drill 1.0 Web Console - Profiles issue

Hi all,
Just a short question.
We are currently scouting Apache Drill 1.10 capabilities and just finished to setup a 4 drillbit cluster MS Azure Linux VMs (+ 3 separate ZooKeeper nodes).
Everything is working fine but the portal on 8047 has just stopped recording queries.
I can see a query on the Profiles section while is executing, but as soon as it completes is no more present in the page list.
I have done some googling on this with no luck.
Please, can you point me to some relevant link or a list of things to check?

Many thanks,
--Federico

Federico Santini Falorsi
Group Manager / Analytics Solution Architect
Avanade Inc.
Via Panciatichi 17, Firenze, Italy
www.avanade.com<http://www.avanade.com/>

[cid:image002.png@01D2D55F.E7F41C30]

NOTICE: This communication may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Do not print, copy, forward, or otherwise use the information for any unintended purpose. Also, if you are not the intended recipient, immediately notify the sender that you have received this email in error, and delete the copy you received. Thank you.

Re: Apache Drill 1.0 Web Console - Profiles issue

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.
Hey Federico,

Drill persists query profiles on the local disk of the foreman node.
Assuming you checked the Web UI only on one node, can you see if query
profiles are listed on the Web UI of other nodes? If yes, then it's
expected. You can configure your profiles dir to be on DFS [1], to get a
unified view.

If you are not able to see query profiles on the Web UI of any nodes, then
it's a different issue. On your Drill server nodes, can you cd into the log
directory and see the profiles directory and profiles inside it? If you
haven't configured anything, the log directory can be inside your Drill
installation dir or at /var/log/drill.

[1] https://drill.apache.org/docs/persistent-configuration-storage/

-Abhishek