Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com> on 2014/05/02 00:12:31 UTC

zones update

As a quick status update, we found some backups.  Not sure how much help
they will be but there is at least a few things there.  Still working on
getting them onto the correct box for research and manipulation.  First
time I tried scp for the files and got into a loop on symlinks.
Switched to rsync and looks like it will complete now.

Beyond that, I just finished rebuilding the DNS zone (not in the
backups) by using rsync and a copy of the zone from a slave master. It's
static right now but lays the groundwork to automate it again and it's
in the same format/file structure as the previous server.

The server is a hidden master and I'm not sure if I have a setting wrong
but right now, I don't see Sonic, one of the slave masters, pulling the
zone on notifies.

The other server hyperreal pulls every 15 minutes and all appears good.
I've also asked for a copy of the slave master zone and I can diff it to
the copy from the 21st.  Barring whitespace, it should match.

Regards,
KAM