Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Xavier Morera <xa...@familiamorera.com> on 2014/07/29 06:35:15 UTC

Getting Started with Enterprise Search using Apache Solr

Hi. Most of the members here are already seasoned search professionals.
However I believe there may also be a few who joined because they want to
get started on search and IMHO, probably like you, Solr is the best way to
start.

Therefore I wanted to post a link to a course that I created on Getting
Started Enterprise Search using Apache Solr. For some it might be a good
way to start learning. If you are already a search professional maybe you
will not benefit greatly, but if you can provide feedback that will be
great as I want to create more trainings to help people get started on
search.

It is a Pluralsight training so if you are not a subscriber, just create a
trial account and you have 10 days to watch. If you have questions, let me
know. You can reach me through here or @xmorera in Twitter

Here is the course
http://pluralsight.com/training/Courses/TableOfContents/enterprise-search-using-apache-solr

PS: Pluralsight is also a great way to learn so I really recommend it.

<https://www.linkedin.com/news?viewArticle=&articleID=8578259352468791690&gid=161594&type=member&item=5887568199951605762&articleURL=http%3A%2F%2Fpluralsight%2Ecom%2Ftraining%2FCourses%2FTableOfContents%2Fenterprise-search-using-apache-solr&urlhash=45UX&goback=%2Egde_161594_member_5887568199951605762>
Getting Started with Enterprise Search using Apache Solr pluralsight.com

Search is one of the most misunderstood functionalities in the IT industry.
Even further, Enterprise Search used to be neither for the faint of heart,
nor for those with a thin wallet. However, since the introduction of Apache
Solr, the name of the game has changed. Don't leave home without it!

--
*Xavier Morera*
email: xavier@familiamorera.com