Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shaoguang Cong <sc...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/20 17:31:27 UTC

[AXIS2] Remote debug not working for modules

I've been using remote debug for Axis and tomcat. With Axis 2, I can still debug into the service impl classes. But it seems my handler classes packaged in module aren't attached to the debugger.  I verified that the handler classes are invoked.

  Anyone knows what could be wrong?

  I also have a problem with logging of module.  The logging in the handler classes isn't written to the log file.  The Log is created with a ServletContextListenter when Tomcat starts.

  Thx,
  Shaoguang

---------------------------------
 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Re: [AXIS2] Remote debug not working for modules

Posted by Shaoguang Cong <sc...@yahoo.com>.
I made a dummy mistake by pointed the client to a different Tomcat instance, not the one with my Axis2 services :(
  I'm happy I can debug into all Axis2 code now.

  Thanks.
  Shaoguang

Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> wrote:
  Have you attached you module classes into the IDE ?

Thanks
Deepal

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.

Shaoguang Cong wrote:

> I've been using remote debug for Axis and tomcat. With Axis 2, I can
> still debug into the service impl classes. But it seems my
> handler classes packaged in module aren't attached to the debugger.  I
> verified that the handler classes are invoked.
>
> Anyone knows what could be wrong?
>
> I also have a problem with logging of module.  The logging in the
> handler classes isn't written to the log file.  The Log is created
> with a ServletContextListenter when Tomcat starts.
>
> Thx,
> Shaoguang

> Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;_ylc=X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDbmV3LWNhcnM->

Deepal

Re: [AXIS2] Remote debug not working for modules

Posted by Shaoguang Cong <sc...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for your response. Yes. I checked that page earlier. I use a different IDE and don't have problem to setup Tomcat JVM in debug mode.  It's been working for me until now when I try to debug the handlers deployed as modules in the AXIS2 webapp.  I can still debug into the code deployed in the aar.  It only doesn't work for classes in the mar file. I don't have any clue about where the problem could be. Hope someone done debugging the modules may share some idea.

  We use a house-grown logging mechanism. The logging issue isn't so important since I can figure that out easily if the debug issue can be resolved.

  Shaoguang

Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> wrote:
          Did you see these instructions for setting up DEBUG option in the JVM?
http://wso2.org/library/225

  To config commons-logging via logging.properties please reference this site
  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/apidocs/org/apache/commons/logging/impl/SimpleLog.html

  Log4J is considerably more detailed and flexible as one can instantiate differing categories of Loggers,
  differing output destinations or appenders and differing layouts such as "%r [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n"
  http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html

  hope this helps,

Martin--