Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com> on 2017/04/14 14:04:28 UTC

Remove or deprecate IgniteAsyncSupport?

Folks,

As you know we reworked our async API and added paired asynchronous methods
instead of using IgntieAsyncSupport infrastructure. Now our API is clean
and straightforward.

However, we didn't remove IgntieAsyncSupport, but deprecated it as user
impact might be huge. Now I think that may be ... may be it is better to
remove it right now thus forcing users to migrate to better API quicker?

Thoughts?

Vladimir.

Re: Remove or deprecate IgniteAsyncSupport?

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 8:42 AM, Sergi Vladykin <se...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> That API always was a big mistake. I'm for removing it completely.

Sergi, I share your sentiment for cleaning up. But we cannot allow
ourselves such radical changes given that we have a fairly large user base
already.

Deprecating it seems like a safer approach for now.

Posted by Sergi Vladykin <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.