Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Dmitry Beransky <db...@dembel.org> on 2004/07/26 18:13:49 UTC

repository root changed after upgrade to 1.0.6

Hi,

I've been running subversion 1.0.1 as a stand-alone server under RedHat for
a while with no major issues.  The repository was rooted at /svnroot with
project subtrees coming off it like so:

/snvroot

    + Project1

    + Project 2

    + ...etc

i.e. when checking out a project or just browsing, I would use the
following url:   svn+ssh://som-dev/svnroot/Project1/

a few days ago I upgraded to 1.0.6 and now the repository insists that all
of projects are located under /svnroot/svnroot (i.e.
svn+ssh://som-dev/svnroot/svnroot/Project1).

Any ideas what happened and how I can fix this?  I've searched the docs and
list archives, but found nothing relevant.

Thanks
Dmitry

Re: repository root changed after upgrade to 1.0.6

Posted by Dmitry Beransky <db...@dembel.org>.
I've finally figured out what was happening.  I did indeed have nested
svnroot directories.

When I first started using subversion, I wanted to keep the learning curve
down, so I setup svnserve as a xinetd service and used "-r /svnroot" as a
command line option.  Once I got comfortable with running the program, I
switched over to SSH.  This happened about a month or two ago and I was
till still using v.1.0.1.

I didn't have any problems switching over to SSH.  Which is weird.  Since
SSH bypasses xinetd service config files, "svnserve" doesn't get invoked
with the -r option any more, right?  Hence the double /svnroot path
segment.  However, this problem only surfaced now that I upgraded to
1.0.6.  As far as I understand, I should've started seeing the double
svnroot problem as soon as I switched to SSH under 1.0.1.  Puzzling...

Dmitry

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.