Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by mkrupa <kr...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/12 07:17:54 UTC

I am trying to bulk load data from HDFS location into an HBase table. My key
is an IP address stored as a string in the HDFS location. How can I load
this IP address as a binary while doing a bulk load?

Re: Loading RowKeys as Binary into HBase (instead of storing key as a String)

Posted by Andre Reiter <a....@web.de>.
see the method <public static byte[] toBytes(String s)> in the class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes

andre