Posted to dev@chukwa.apache.org by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/01 02:16:15 UTC

Re: Closing .chukwa files in collector at regular fixed offset interval to avoid time interval drift

I work with Shweta and this is something we've been considering for a while.
The idea is that collectors could be configured to close their files at some
fixed offset after a the end of the interval. In our case, we'd like files
to close at 30 seconds after the end of a 5 minute period. This will help us
with a couple of edge cases that the current approach causes for us.
Backward compatibility and default behavior would of course be maintained.