Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Cabrera Juan Manuel <Ju...@atos.net> on 2012/10/02 17:43:42 UTC

Fediz's WAR classes as classifier

Hello devs.

I'm working on a war project overlaying fediz's IDP (resp STS).
I try to have a new version of the IdpServlet based on an HTML form rather than 401-ing the browser.
To do so, I would like to subclass IdpServlet but as it is today, adding a WAR as a dependency do not provide the classes it contains. Browsing the doc of the war plugin, I found this configuration<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/faq.html#attached>, which would release an attached artifact with classifier "classes" and type "jar". If you do so, I could then add this new jar as provided and do my subclassing.
Unless you have a better suggestion of course.

Another little thing I would find really neat of you would be to add the folders containing only generated classes to the svn:ignore of their parents, like e.g. fediz-core/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/fediz/core/config/jaxb.
This is a of course a detail, but it really makes my eye blink when I work on Eclipse :)

Regards,

Juan Manuel

________________________________

Ce message et les pi?ces jointes sont confidentiels et r?serv?s ? l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut ?galement ?tre prot?g? par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir imm?diatement l'exp?diteur et de le d?truire. L'int?grit? du message ne pouvant ?tre assur?e sur Internet, la responsabilit? d'Atos ne pourra ?tre recherch?e quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'exp?diteur ne donne aucune garantie ? cet ?gard et sa responsabilit? ne saurait ?tre recherch?e pour tout dommage r?sultant d'un virus transmis.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

RE: Fediz's WAR classes as classifier

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
Hi Juan

The current design doesn't allow you other options than subclassing. I'm working on a redesign of the idp which is based on a state machine where the processors are servlet filter implementations. A servlet filter has got a dependency to a previous state and might set a new state.

This would mean that you could write your own servlet filter to cache username/password (whereever you got it from) in the request thus the other filters will then go to the STS to request the token and such.

This is planned for 1.1. As soon as I got something working will share it.

Thanks
Oli

------

Oliver Wulff