Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Rafał Radecki <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/08 14:24:29 UTC

Solr 4.1 - how to check replication staistics using wget?

Hi All.

I am currently migrating from solr 3.6 to solr 4.1.
In 3.6 to check the status of solr master/slave replication I've been using url:

http://${SOLRMASTER}:${SOLRPORT}/solr/admin/replication/index.jsp

from script.
After migration to 4.1 this url is no longer available. Can you tell
which url can be used from script to check replication status?

Best regards,
Rafal.

Re: Solr 4.1 - how to check replication staistics using wget?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: http://${SOLRMASTER}:${SOLRPORT}/solr/replication?command=indexversion
: http://${SOLRSLAVE}:${SOLRPORT}/solr/replication?command=indexversion

: for that purpose. When I check them they give me different numbers
: despite the fact that below urls:
: http://${SOLRMASTER}:${SOLRPORT}/solr/#/collection1/replication
: and
: http://${SOLRSLAVE}:${SOLRPORT}/solr/#/collection1/replication
: show the same index version for master and slave.

I think you are missunderstanding the purpose of the indexversion command
-- what you're describing sounds a lot like the confusion in SOLR-3681
(allthough it's posible i was confused/mistaken in that issue and no one
bothered to correct me) ...

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3681?focusedCommentId=13451244&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13451244

What you are looking for to monitor the status of replication is probably
the "details" command...

http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/replication?command=details

(The Admin UI URLs you described as showing the correct version info
for both master nad slave get their info from the details URL)

-Hoss

Re: Solr 4.1 - how to check replication staistics using wget?

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 8, 2013, at 5:57 AM, Rafał Radecki <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is this not a bug?

It likely is - replication had some regressions recently - they have been fixed in 4.2 (coming any day now) and additional unit tests have been added to prevent a future similar lapse.

- Mark

Re: Solr 4.1 - how to check replication staistics using wget?

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@gmail.com>.
Last but not least, i didn't recognize it beforehand .. the right list for (user-)questions on solr is solr-user@lucene.apache.org instead if the general@lucene.apache.org which you used :)

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@gmail.com>.